[mosh-users] Mosh on long job, disconnected?

C.v.St. stucki-spam at t-online.de
Thu Aug 24 10:09:55 EDT 2017

Am 24.08.2017 um 15:37 schrieb Vincent Lefevre:

> (of course, only the same user on the machine running the server
> should be allowed to do that) and start a new client on this status?

Would be nice, but is IMHO a relatively dangerous option.
Normally everyone can see, what a user runs on a terminal.

So local attackers would try really hard to hijack
servers, seeing someone run root stuff from remote.
So it needs to be VERY secure.

Also, if you somehow transport the *last* key from the
'left over server' back to the remote, you'll need
to use another new startup, to give the key to a
new mosh-client -- another point to sneak in?

I'd prefer to just catch the last state, just to
know what happened or still runs. We have Jobs here
running for weeks. Not knowing the outcome is fairly
frustrating (even if not using screen or tmux for
such long jobs, is kind of stupid anyway :-)

Stucki