[mosh-users] Mosh on long job, disconnected?

C.v.St. stucki-spam at t-online.de
Wed Aug 23 15:12:40 EDT 2017

Am 23.08.2017 um 09:09 schrieb john hood:
> On 8/20/17 4:37 PM, C.v.St. wrote:
>> program(job) will be stopped waiting for mosh.
...> Also, mosh-server doesn't actually "buffer" output from your program--
> instead it updates a virtual terminal display, and your program
> shouldn't ever have to stop and wait because the client is slow or
> unreachable.  We've checked this on Linux and MacOS, and it behaves this
> way.  If your remote program really does stop if your mosh-client is
> unreachable/dead, would you please open an issue on GitHub?

OK, may be this was a misconception, normally I use screen scripted.
So I 'lost' connections seldom only if connected from laptop to
workplace and then lost the client by no battery or crashing wakeup.

If I understand your description correctly, the mosh-server will
show 'only' the last state of multiply written character cells,
the moment I reconnect.  So 'scrolled lines' which 'during connect'
run up my local terminal-program's backscroll, will be missing in
case of 'disconnect-(offine-time)-reconnect'?

Thanks,  Stucki