[mosh-users] Mosh on long job, disconnected?

Boyan Penkov boyan.penkov at gmail.com
Sun Aug 20 14:43:42 EDT 2017

Cue one up for what is likely a newb question....

I have used mosh as a nice ssh replacement to date, and am writing to
ask if is has screen's/tmux's features on detaching and running jobs.

Specifically, I have a "long" -- 3 hour or so -- job that I'd like to
start at home, close my laptop and get on the train, do my commute
(with no connection), and then re-attach to see the output when at the
office.  So, I will be without a connection for about an hour (and
then incur a change of IP address), and want to know if jobs started
in the mosh session will continue to run on the remote machine.

Will this work?

Cheers!

--
Boyan Penkov