[mosh-users] mosh 1.2.6 released
keithw at cs.stanford.edu
Fri Aug 12 03:00:33 EDT 2016
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hello Mosh users and developers,
mosh 1.2.6 has been released.
The source code is at: https://mosh.org/mosh-1.2.6.tar.gz
John Hood was the release coordinator and deserves all of our thanks.
Major new features, all due to John, include:
- - huge performance improvements, especially on large terminals,
- - the ability to set a timeout to end dormant sessions automatically, and
- - support for crypto libraries other than OpenSSL (Nettle and
Apple Common Crypto).
On the developer side, we now have an end-to-end test suite and
continuous-integration tests on every pull request. We also worked
around a bad interaction with glibc 2.22 that caused mosh-server to
crash on startup.
Compatibility: mosh 1.2.6 is backwards-compatible with mosh-clients
back to 0.96 and mosh-servers back to 1.0.9.
macOS binary package: We are releasing a macOS binary package.
https://mosh.org/mosh-1.2.6.pkg is an i386+amd64 build for 10.9 and later.
However, we encourage macOS users to install via MacPorts or Homebrew,
instead of using the binary package, in order to receive automatic upgrades.
Bugs: Please let us know of any problems at the GitHub issue tracker,
at https://github.com/mobile-shell/mosh/issues. The developers can
also be found on IRC at <irc://irc.freenode.net/mosh>.
Website moves: Please note that the Mosh repository has moved to
https://github.com/mobile-shell/mosh (from https://github.com/keithw/mosh).
The Mosh website has moved to https://mosh.org (from https://mosh.mit.edu).
The full change log for this release:
* New features:
* Add Travis CI builds for Linux and Mac. (Anders
* Add a --local option to run without ssh. (John Hood)
* Mosh now returns exitstatus reflecting connection success.
* Add a end-to-end test suite and many tests. (John Hood)
* Implement timeouts and signals to help address
orphaned sessions. (John Hood)
* Major rework of Mosh's display
differencing/rendering code with much improved
performance for slow machines. (John Hood)
* Implement ANSI back/forward tab (CSI CBT, CSI CHT).
* Do not start user shell until network session starts.
* Add options for more flexible specification of IPv4/IPv6
hostname resolution. (John Hood)
* Improved bash completion. (Steve Dignam, HIGUCHI Yuta)
* Add options for different methods of resolving the
remote host address, allowing operation without
SshProxyCommand. (John Hood)
* Platform support:
* Add configurable support for Apple Common Crypto and
Nettle, in place of OpenSSL. Implement base64 locally.
* Workaround Cygwin select() bug. (John Hood)
* Updates to Debian packaging. (Anders Kaseorg, Keith
* Workaround a glibc-2.22 issue causing segfaults on
Debian Sid. (John Hood with help from many others)
* Prefer c++ to g++, for systems like FreeBSD where
g++ is not usable. (John Hood)
* Fixes for Illumos Hipster 20151003. (John Hood)
* Disable -Werror for protobuf code, to resolve a new
gcc6 warning. (John Hood)
* Link test for -fstack-protector-all on an embedded
platform. (Baruch Siach)
* Resolve issue with bswap64() on FreeBSD-CURRENT with
libc++-3.8.0. (John Hood)
* Fix issue with RECVTOS error message on client on FreeBSD.
* Bug fixes:
* Remove an assertion causing aborts on Unicode
fallback found by fuzzing with afl. (Keith
* Fix a server hang with XON/XOFF on BSD systems.
* Fix a typeahead-prediction bug that caused display
corruption on urxvt. (John Hood)
Best regards on behalf of the Mosh team,
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
More information about the mosh-users