[mosh-users] Mosh Client Exits Unexpectedly

john hood cgull at glup.org
Sat Dec 26 15:34:05 EST 2015

Oh, Cygwin, that beloved reliable Unix emulation.

There is a problem in the trace, I see mosh-client reading both the
network socket and terminal input after select() returns 0 fds
ready...and this is mysterious.

I think the behavior with script may be about the type of terminal Mosh
is running on in Cygwin, rather than character encoding. IIRC Cygwin
handles ptys and "real" terminals differently (and I think a Cygwin
command invoked in a Windows console is a third variant)

We need more info.  Please open an issue at
https://github.com/mobile-shell/mosh/issues/new with this info:

OSes and versions on both client and server
mosh version on both client and server
Where did you get the client mosh from?  The Cygwin installer or a local
build?
What are you using for the Cygwin terminal?  Are you invoking Mosh from
a Unix or Windows shell prompt?
What, if any, is the message mosh-client prints on exit?  (A screenshot
of the terminal window would be nice, if possible.)
In the trace you've given, you appear to be typing at Mosh when the
session closes.  What were you typing?

regards,

   --jh