[mosh-users] Name sounds like ugly in French

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Sep 2 12:38:08 EDT 2014

* Dan Mahoney, System Admin <danm at prime.gushi.org> [2014-09-02 09:27:35 -0700]:
> On Tue, 2 Sep 2014, Antenore Gatta wrote:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> > first of all let me say that you are doing a wonderful job. I love mosh!!!
> >
> > Maybe you already know, sorry in that case, but be aware that in French, mosh sounds like the French word "moche", that means
> > ugly, tacky, terrible, horrible, sorry, scabby.
> >
> > http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/moche
>
> There's a fail2ban-like perl script called sshit.  Sometimes these things
> happen :)

I have the impression (at least some) French people deliberately
choose funny names for their software:

weboob: http://weboob.org/

weechat: http://weechat.org/ - to quote the FAQ:
... "Wee" also means "very small" (and yes, there is other meaning,
but it does not apply to WeeChat!).'

Oh, and don't forget Minbif's[1] masturbating steak: [2]

[1] https://symlink.me/projects/minbif/wiki
[2] http://symlink.spreadshirt.fr/minbif-masturbating-A13023034/customize/color/2

SCNR :P

Florian