[mosh-users] How can I mosh over multiple hops (for example, via tunnel or ProxyCommand)?

Richard Perry Woodbury III rpwoodbu at mybox.org
Mon Mar 31 11:54:03 EDT 2014

My proof-of-concept doesn't have packet authentication. But I have
considered this, and have a design in mind where, as part of the session
initiation, an authentication key is generated. The problem is that this
requires an enhanced client that can encapsulate Mosh packets with this
authentication header. I could rig that up with a "relay helper agent", and
have considered doing so.

It'd be great if, as you suggest, Mosh included an authentication header,
so that the use of a relay would not require a specialized client or "relay
helper agent".