[mosh-users] Alternate character set support (line grpahics) with terminfo

Vincent Lefevre vincent-mosh at vinc17.net
Thu Mar 20 18:04:34 EDT 2014

On 2014-03-20 10:51:27 -0700, David Brodbeck wrote:
> On Thu, Mar 20, 2014 at 6:21 AM, Keith Winstein <keithw at mit.edu> wrote:
> > You will if you run something like: echo -e "\033(0"
>
> For me the most common way for this to happen is to accidentally 'cat' a
> binary file to the terminal.  Does it almost every time.  I've gotten very
> good at typing 'reset' blind. ;)

The best solution is to do terminal clean-up with your shell.

But there are more important problems with escape sequences that
can be found in binary files (e.g. PDF), such as those that make
the terminal insert characters as input. There's also the following
bug in xterm:

and mosh cannot avoid these problems.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent at vinc17.net> - Web: <https://www.vinc17.net/>