[mosh-users] How to tell if I have connected via mosh?

Jeremy Beker gothmog at confusticate.com
Fri Mar 14 12:01:25 EDT 2014

Good day everyone!

I have been enjoying using mosh and I would like to integrate it into my systems more but in order to do so, I would like a clean, efficient way to identify if I have connected to a system via mosh (as opposed to straight ssh or on the terminal). Is there an easy way to do so? I.e. and environment variable that is set by mosh? (I haven't seen one.)  I know I could do something hacky like try to get it from the utmp file or by grepping the output of ps, but I am hoping there is a neat way to do it?

Thanks for your help!

-Jeremy

Jeremy Beker - gothmog at confusticate.com
http://www.confusticate.com
Condensing fact from the vapor of nuance.