[mosh-users] why i failed to build mosh? i have installed protobuf, but configure said it cannot find it, why?

wowmailman wowmailman at qq.com
Fri Jun 13 00:49:02 EDT 2014

i have tried lots of options, and all failed to build mosh.
the main part of error message is as follows:

./configure CFLAGS=-I/home/bigforest/ins_t/include LDFLAGS=-L/home/bigforest/ins_t/lib --prefix=$HOME/ins_t
checking for gawk... gawk
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking dependency style of g++... gcc3
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for protoc... no
configure: error: cannot find protoc, the Protocol Buffers compiler

./configure --libdir=$HOME/ins_t/lib --includedir=$HOME/ins_t/include   failed with the same error