[mosh-users] Mosh escape key indication is confusing.

Raúl Sánchez Siles rasasi78 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 05:56:41 EDT 2014

  Hi:

  I'm a happy mosh user, and as such I wanted to report an annoying minor
issue.

  When connection is lost, a banner will appear telling you that you can press
"Ctrl-^ ." to quit. This is ok, but I had some hard time trying to figure out
how to get that keyboard combination that, at first, didn't work for me. Notice
I'm using spanish keyboard and layout (working on Debian sid for the sake of
completeness)

  I needed to go to the source code and get that the escape key combination
you indicate as Ctrl-^ corresponds to the 0x1E keycode and then surfing till I
got to [1] I finally found out that I can get it using Ctrl-6 (then simply '.'
key)

[1] http://www.comptechdoc.org/os/linux/howlinuxworks/linux_hlkeycodes.html

  Now I know how to get the quit sequence, but for the rest of people I wonder
if it would be possible to specify the sequence in a somehow better way.

  Thanks and regards,

--
     Raúl Sánchez Siles
----->Proud Debian user<-----