[mosh-users] Mosh for Chrome now available

Richard Woodbury rpwoodbu at mybox.org
Mon Jan 20 18:39:44 EST 2014

I have just released to the public my port of Mosh for
Chrome<https://github.com/rpwoodbu/mosh-chrome/wiki> on
the Chrome Web Store<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/mosh/ooiklbnjmhbcgemelgfhaeaocllobloj>.
Chrome
OS users rejoice!

This is a Native Client port of Mosh, and is released under the GPL. It
supports ssh-based session setup, as well as manual setup by supplying the
MOSH_KEY. It uses hterm, the same Javascript terminal emulator used by the
popular Secure Shell<https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/secure-shell/pnhechapfaindjhompbnflcldabbghjo>ssh
app. For more details, check out the GitHub
project <https://github.com/rpwoodbu/mosh-chrome/wiki>.

While you can think of this as a port, it is more like a separate app that
uses Mosh as a library. This is why I'm keeping it as its own project.
Great pains were taken to avoid patching the Mosh code (so far only one
minor patch), so it will be easy to track changes.

I've setup a low-traffic announce
list<https://groups.google.com/d/forum/mosh-chrome-announce>as well as
a users
list <https://groups.google.com/d/forum/mosh-chrome-users>. Please kick the
tires and let me know what you think, either on this thread, or on the
users list. You can also report a bug on the GitHub issue tracker. It is
early days yet, and the UI isn't exactly beautiful, but it does function.

So much thanks to Keith and everyone else who has worked on Mosh. I use it
so much I couldn't bare to be without it on my Chromebook, hence Mosh for
Chrome. The connectionless paradigm of Mosh really suits a web-centric
environment.

Enjoy!
Richard Woodbury