[mosh-users] [mosh-devel] Logging from mosh-server

Jim Cheetham jim.cheetham at otago.ac.nz
Wed Jan 1 23:47:24 EST 2014

Thanks Alex.

A session is indeed a session, and everyone tends to build and use sessions in the same way, with a single key (and as mentioned earlier, sometimes a key renegotiation phase). And of course, in practice no-one 'breaks' encryption, they just find ways around the implementation.

However, what differs SSP/mosh and the other examples you raise is the existence of a fixed source IP address and a TCP session around the application session. SSP/mosh has uniquely rejected any privilege for the source IP.

Also, when you say that SSH is providing 'authentication', it isn't providing this over the full duration of the mosh session - it's providing authorization to start the mosh-server, and a channel to communicate the key.

-jim