[mosh-users] Fwd: 256 colors not working.

dpc@ucore.info dpc at ucore.info
Tue Jun 18 19:09:53 EDT 2013

Hi,

I'm running Ubuntu ssh server and cygwin as a client.

When I connect to the ssh server with mosh, the colors are not working
like they should. Everything works fine with plain ssh connection.
Other than colors mosh seems to be working fine.

When I use tmux on the server, the colors seem to be degraded from 256
to 8/16. Unless I apply a fix (see below).

When I'm outside of tmux, the 256 colors seem to be in place, but
colors of directories and files in `ls` output are different (they
have gray background).

$TERM is:

 xterm-256color

both on the server and client.

Also in .tmux.conf I have:

set-option -g default-terminal screen-256color

and removing it does seem to fix the problem in tmux (though $TERM is
still screen-256color, without or without it), so I don't see how this
helped. Weird.

Regards,
--
Dawid Ciężarkiewicz