[mosh-users] Mosh not reconnecting after standby

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Jun 18 02:42:26 EDT 2013

So it just happened to me again, after switching from WLAN from my
cellphone to ethernet at my workplace.

* Keith Winstein <keithw at mit.edu> [2013-06-17 15:41:08 -0400]:
> Ok, I think the first question when it happens again would be to
> tcpdump at the client and server and figure out where packets aren't
> getting through.

So after tcpdumping and finding out there is no answer, I suddenly
noticed the server isn't running at all anymore, duh!

Any idea what would cause that? I guess if it would segfault I'd see
in my dmesg output somewhere, but there isn't anything there.

Also, I don't seem to be the only one with this problem:

<The-Compiler> the server isn't running at all anymore! o.O
<luto>         yea, it also does that on me sometimes
<luto>         like once every 2 weeks

What would you suggest to do next? I can only think of running the
server in gdb, wait until it happens again, and then getting a
backtrace or whatever... any other ideas?

Florian

--
() ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail    www.asciiribbon.org
/\ www.the-compiler.org  | I love long mails http://email.is-not-s.ms/