[mosh-users] Mosh not reconnecting after standby

Florian Bruhin me at the-compiler.org
Tue Jul 2 17:03:26 EDT 2013

* Keith Winstein <keithw at MIT.EDU> [2013-06-18 02:52:18 -0400]:
> You might try running the server manually with "mosh-server new -v"
> and saving the output until it dies again. (Running within gdb is
> also a good idea.)

So it turns out this in fact was an OSI layer 8 error[0] :P
I've gotten into the habit of checking my terminal from my cellphone
from time to time, and used "screen -DURR" there without even thinking
about what I'm doing, causing mosh-server to exit of course.

[0]: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Layer_8

--
() ascii ribbon campaign - stop html mail    www.asciiribbon.org
/\ www.the-compiler.org  | I love long mails http://email.is-not-s.ms/