[mosh-users] Problems with mosh-server and pselect syscall, fixed

Ingo Blechschmidt iblech at web.de
Tue Jan 1 13:01:37 EST 2013

Hello,

I experienced the following problem with mosh-1.2.3 on a virtual Debian
Linux box (using Xen): mosh-server terminated itself instantly after
starting. Using

    $ mosh-server new -v

revealed the error message

    "select: Function not implemented".

Looking into src/frontend/mosh-server.cc, src/util/select.h and
experimenting with the example provided by the select(2) manpage, it
seemed that the pselect syscall was not supported on my particular
system; but I did not dig further to find out why.

As a quick and dirty workaround, I modified src/util/select.h to use
select() instead of pselect(), see attached patch. This resulted in a
working and usable mosh-server, but I suspect this might very well cause
some undesirable consequences; use at your own risk.

To the developers: I'd be happy to provide additional information to fix
this properly.

Thanks!
Ingo