[mosh-users] Mosh User ID Error on Snow Leopard Server (10.6.8)

Quentin Smith quentin at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 20 18:02:59 EST 2012

Hi Jordan,

This is actually a bug in Snow Leopard - when the sshd that mosh uses to
authenticate exits, launchd cleans up the Mach context and the mosh-server
no longer has the ability to talk to lookupd/mDNSResponder for user
information.

We're tracking this at https://github.com/keithw/mosh/issues/249

As a very kludgey workaround, you can try using

mosh --server="mosh-server; sleep 2" foo

which will add a delay to hopefully avoid the race :/

--Quentin