[mosh-users] sudo: unknown uid: 501

Quentin Smith quentin at MIT.EDU
Tue Jun 5 15:43:42 EDT 2012

Hi Jason,

This is a known issue (https://github.com/keithw/mosh/issues/249)

It's apparently a race condition inside OS X; if the sshd dies before mosh
can fork the shell, the shell doesn't have a Mach security context.

There's a hacky patch there that just adds a 2 second sleep; we haven't
taken it, because we'd rather find a better solution, but you might want
to try it.

--Quentin