[mosh-users] Which ports to open on the client side?

Martin Hannigan hannigan at gmail.com
Thu Aug 30 11:31:57 EDT 2012

You should open 60000 through 610000. Unless you have a specific
reason to specify a port or your target server is unfiltered entirely,
you may not need to specific port.

Stock install targets those ports specifically e.g.

     hannigan at clue-store> mosh test at host.in.remote.location

I also found you need to allow ICMP. I found this tcpdump'ing to
resolve a similiar issue. I don't know if thats a function of the NAT
that I am behind or the client and I haven't dug too deeply into the
logs of both to confirm it's end to end.

Anyone?