[mosh-users] Please test mosh 1.2 release candidate

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Mon Apr 23 00:05:32 EDT 2012

Hello all,

Thanks for all your hard work on mosh! We have a release candidate for
mosh 1.2:

https://github.com/downloads/keithw/mosh/mosh-1.1.95.tar.gz

This is the first "post-deluge" release, and adds many improvements based
on our experience with mosh in the real world, including:

* Helpful error messages for a variety of common problems

* Locale passing in mosh (so less likely to get UTF-8-related errors)

* Eliminates Boost and skalibs as dependencies

* Fixes to build on FreeBSD, Cygwin, RHEL 5, OS X 10.5 on PPC

* Improved responsiveness

* Bugfixes and improvements re: terminal emulation and startup

* Uses binary "hardening" compilation flags by default

===

Please test the release candidate on your systems (and package managers)
and let us know of any problems. I'm particularly concerned that our
binary hardening flags may conflict with those on some distributions -- we
already had to override this on Ubuntu and I have heard reports that it
may also be a problem on Arch Linux.

If all goes well, we should have mosh 1.2 by the end of the week.

Thanks all,
Keith

for the mosh developers