[mosh-users] Server install instructions and binaries

Alexander Klimetschek alexander.klimetschek at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 22:03:11 EDT 2012

Ok, sorry, then I did not get mosh right - I thought it's a tool to seamlessly make existing ssh better - that's what the intro video and website conveys.

But not if I have to manually install or compile it on every server, which each might have a different OS, so compile in every one again. And which might each have a different admin (!= me).

In that case, it's like a complete alternative to sshd and I strongly suggest to work on improving the gnu ssh tools instead of a separate tool, in the sense of open source.

Having mosh do the installation automatically for me is no different from me copying a binary to the target home directory & executing it - if I don't have those exec rights, mosh won't either.

Cheers,
Alex