[mosh-users] Server install instructions and binaries

Alexander Klimetschek alexander.klimetschek at googlemail.com
Wed Apr 18 13:04:48 EDT 2012

Big +1

I am trying to use it on a Debian/GNU Linux and without the rights to
install packages this is really difficult. Tried compiling from source
as well, but got "configure: error: Unable to find byte swapping
functions". But I shouldn't have to compile it anyway. And here the
path ends for me, though I'd love to use it :-(

The "You don't need to be the superuser to install or run Mosh."
feature mentioned on the home page is actually not true if it's
impossible to install/get binaries for the target platform. In the
end, I expect the mosh client to install the necessary mosh-server
binary *automatically* for me.

If it requires the server admin's to install mosh-server for every
server that people connect to, this will certainly break adoption a
lot.

Cheers,
Alex

--