[mosh-users] Mac OS X Terminal does not allow scrollback

Nathan Farrington farrington at cs.ucsd.edu
Mon Apr 16 16:38:12 EDT 2012

I installed Mosh via Homebrew on Mac OS X 10.6.8.

~➤ mosh --version
mosh 1.1.3
Copyright 2012 Keith Winstein <mosh-devel at mit.edu>
License GPLv3+: GNU GPL version 3 or later <http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html
>.

When I ssh to a remote Debian Linux host, I can use Terminal's scrollbar to
view the scrollback, for example if ls -l has more output than a single
screen of text. But this does not work on Mosh. Instead, scrolling up just
shows a few blank lines. Is it possible to make Mosh work like ssh in terms
of displaying scrollback?

Thanks,

Nathan Farrington