[mosh-users] does mosh offer anything for a Windows user?

Eugene Doma eugene.doma at sydney.edu.au
Tue Apr 10 19:49:52 EDT 2012

You would need to check whether you are using telnet or ssh protocol to connect to those Linux boxes with putty.  Mosh is only appropriate if you are using ssh.

1.  You will need to have mosh-server installed on the Linux boxes you wish to connect to.
2.  On the windows side you have two options:
     (a)  run a small Linux distro under VmWare/Qemu or even perhaps try WUBI.
     (b)  port the mosh-client code to windows using MinGW or CygWin

Cheers,
Eugene