[mosh-users] UTF-8 Locale

Daniele Sluijters daniele.sluijters at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 14:23:15 EDT 2012

Hey,

First look up the locales on your system:
locale -a | grep "en_"  should give you a few entries, including en_US.UTF-8

and / or change the line in /etc/locale.gem
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/guide-localization.xml#doc_chap3

To affect / force a bash-session you can add this to your ~/.bashrc:
export LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
and if you want to affect the system language as well:
export LANG=en_US.UTF-8

(this all assumes you want en_US.UTF-8 as your locale, I use en_GB.UTF-8 for example because of the 's' versus 'z' thing)

--
Daniele Sluijters