[mosh-users] [debian] - mosh connecting...

Daniele Sluijters daniele.sluijters at gmail.com
Tue Apr 10 06:51:44 EDT 2012

Hello,

I'm having problems getting started with mosh. I'm using Debian unstable so I installed from the Debian package repository.

The symptoms I have are exactly identical to Chason Chaffin's except that it's not /dev/ptmx causing any issues, screen and tmux work just fine.

The setup:
server:
- Debian Sid (updated to 2012-04-10)
- mosh installed through packages.debian
- mosh-version: 1.1.3-1
laptop:
- Mac OS X Lion
- mosh installed through homebrew
- mosh-version 1.1.3

When I connect I just get stuck at 'mosh connecting'. When I run the server and client separately I see the server exiting after 60 seconds because no connection is received.

When I start a mosh-server and then nc to it I see this:
Chell:~ daenney$ nc -zu some.domain.name 60001
Connection to some.domain.name 60001 port [udp/*] succeeded!

I've disabled, enabled iptables and logging and I can't see it blocking any traffic.

If anyone has any bright idea's I'd love tho hear them...

--
Daniele Sluijters