[mosh-users] Getting mosh working

Adelbert Chang adelbertc at gmail.com
Mon Apr 9 22:00:26 EDT 2012

Hello,

So I came across Mosh today and it looks amazing, though I'm having a bit
of trouble getting it working. I have the .dmg installed on my Mac, and I
want to use it on the cluster machines in my research lab. Is it possible
to get Mosh installed on the servers without root access and without
compiling from source? It says on the website "The server binary can even
be installed in the user's home directory." This is most likely due to my
incompetence with *nix systems, but is there an alternative way of doing
that without having root access and compiling from source? The OS on the
servers is Fedora I believe.

Thanks!
-Adelbert