[mosh-devel] make check failure on macOS 12

Carlo Cabrera carlo.cabrera at comworks-inc.com
Fri Aug 5 06:54:56 EDT 2022

Hi Alex,

Thanks for looking into this. I was also confused about the failure, since I'm
aware of your CI setup. The tmux tests being skipped makes sense, but it seems
making sure that they are run doesn't reproduce the failure.

My TERM outside tmux is xterm-256color and inside tmux is tmux-256color. I use
iTerm2.app. My tmux is built from 9d9445a48e626731e9384b6b9cda367cd4cef5d3 from
the tmux GitHub repository. I also tried with 3.3a from Homebrew, but got the
same error. In both cases, tmux is configured with `--enable-utf8proc`.

I wonder if my tmux.conf is to blame. I'm traveling at the moment, but I'll
experiment with this when I get back. I did notice that the tests pass
`-f /dev/null` to tmux, but I wasn't able to check if that's done consistently.

Since this doesn't seem to be reproducible on your end, I'll try to pin this
down on my own in the meantime. However, if you still think I should open an
issue, then I'm happy to do so.

Thanks,
Carlo