[mosh-devel] libutempter debugging

Adrian Carpenter adrian.carpenter at me.com
Fri Jan 18 05:56:58 EST 2019

Hi,

I am currently working on getting the detached session notification working on a port of Mosh to the Synology NAS platform.

I have built mosh with libutempter 1.1.6, it’s being linked in and being used.  However, I do not get the message about detached sessions.

If I dump the the /var/run/utmp I can see that the mosh entries were not created, so I’m going to have to do some debugging.

How would I go about debugging the mosh-server binary so that I can step through and see what is happening?  I’m not a unix developer by trade, so am not sure how I would achieve this given the client-server nature of mosh.

Any ideas/tips/suggestions would be gratefully accepted.

Many thanks

Adrian