[mosh-devel] Mosh-based infrastructure for remote management of remote devices

Christophe Mietlicki Christophe.Mietlicki at bruitparif.fr
Wed Oct 31 07:47:27 EDT 2018

Hi to all

Discovered mosh today (better now than never...) and very impressed ! Sure I will love it, as I'm sure also that internet would have been better if built over UDP than TCP ;-)

I have a question for you...

I deploy many devices (raspberry pi family) that are connected to the internet through cellular. I want to be able to manage them from anywhere in the world, even a PC connected to the internet over cellular.

In that kind of situation, we often put in place some kind of vpn infrastructure which I don't like so much...

I wonder what must be added to mosh to make that work...

I imagine that a mosh client session is opened from a PC anywhere (roaming) to a company's UDP tunnel server, that can initiate a client session to the mosh server that runs on the device. But it is not so easy because I want to use standard cellular sim cards with non public IP and no opened port).

Did you already built such network infrastuctures ? Do you have some advices to add mosh what's missing to do the job ?

Best regards

Christophe Mietlicki
Responsable Technologies et Systèmes d'information

[LOGO BRUITPARIF IDF pour signatures email]

Axe Pleyel 4 - B104
32 boulevard Ornano
93200 Saint-Denis
Tél : +33 1 83 65 40 49 (poste direct)