[mosh-devel] Question about using subsystem like sftp.

Stef Bon stefbon at gmail.com
Fri Jul 13 00:25:10 EDT 2018

Hi,

I'm working on a project which offers automatic access to users to
fileservices like smb,nfs and sftp using avahi for detection and fuse.
And I wrote my own ssh and sftp clients. The simple public key auth
works (serverkey in
~/.ssh/known_hosts and users public key in ~/.ssh/authorized_keys on
server ) I'm testing openssh certificates and wanting to make it work
with yubikey and nitrokey. I'm also very interested in making this
work with centralized adiminstration.

Now I've posted on the openssh dev  list about using udp for data, and
someone pointed me to mosh. It's very good to find out! Mosh looks a
lot what I'm looking for.

I want to use mosh for a subsystem like sftp. I read in the README.md
on github that port forwarding is not supported. Does that mean that
subsystems like sftp are not supported (yet)?

Stef Bon
Voorburg
the Netherlands