[mosh-devel] Mosh 1.3.0 release candidate 2 available for testing

Jeremie Courreges-Anglas jca at wxcvbn.org
Mon Mar 20 06:31:55 EDT 2017

john hood <cgull at glup.org> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm pleased to announce a release candidate for Mosh 1.3.0.  We have
> brought you mostly bugfixes and release engineering improvements-- the
> version number jump is because we have switched to semantic versioning
> (<http://semver.org/>).  The changes mostly address regressions in the
> previous release, CPU usage in certain scenarios, and platform/port issues.

As already reported by Dan Chen in this thread, mosh-1.3.0-rc2 works
fine on OpenBSD-current, both amd64 and armv7.

A few days ago, a change happened in OpenBSD.  The "ioctl" promise was
removed from pledge(2) on 2017/03/18.  This means that this code:

#ifdef HAVE_PLEDGE
  /* OpenBSD pledge() syscall */
  if ( pledge( "stdio inet ioctl tty", NULL )) {
    perror( "pledge() failed" );
    exit( 1 );
  }
#endif

now errors out.

pledge("ioctl") is deprecated since some time already; this removal will
end up in the upcoming OpenBSD 6.1 release.

mosh-client and mosh-server seem to work fine here with just
"stdio inet tty".  Patch attached.