[mosh-devel] mosh and utmp on athena.dialup.mit.edu

Lizhou Sha slz at mit.edu
Fri Feb 24 17:23:58 EST 2017

Hi Keith,

I'm observing a regression for my self-deployed Ubuntu 16.04 dialup
with regards to libprotobuf linkage:

$ mosh --ssh="ssh -K" --server="athrun mosh_project mosh-server"
sha.mit.edu -- byobu a -d
/afs/sipb.mit.edu/project/mosh/arch/amd64_deb60/bin/mosh-server.real:
error while loading shared libraries: libprotobuf.so.8: cannot open
Connection to sha.mit.edu closed.
/usr/bin/mosh: Did not find mosh server startup message.

Best,
Lizhou

Lizhou Sha
Massachusetts Institute of Technology