[mosh-devel] snap package for mosh

Leo Arias yo at elopio.net
Fri Feb 3 02:18:12 EST 2017

Hello Keith,

On Fri, Jan 13, 2017 at 01:48:40PM -0800, Keith Winstein wrote:
> Thanks, Leo. Do you already have snaps for similar programs (e.g. screen,
> tmux, ssh)? Mosh is probably going to have similar needs to those re: the
> isolation or "plugs".
>
> Generally we add new platforms/distros when somebody submits a PR or
> volunteers to be a maintainer; my suggestion is for you to just submit a PR
> with a proposed snapcraft.yaml (and changes to .travis.yml if appropriate)
> and we can all try it out.

I've been playing with mosh and our tools, and proposed this:

https://github.com/mobile-shell/mosh/pull/854

As I told you before, it would be great for us to get feedback from use cases
like yours, so I would appreciate if you take a look.

In particular, with your snap we are introducing the concepts of classic and
alias. Most snaps won't require them, but mosh is special in many ways :)

I also found a usability bug when trying it, so it has already been very
useful. You will find a note about that in the PR.

Please, let me know what do you think.

pura vida.