[mosh-devel] iOSClient and makefile flags

Carlos Cabanero carlosecabanero at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 11:48:49 EDT 2016

Hi everyone!

As iOS didn’t support running processes, and we wanted to separate the code
a bit, we basically turned Mosh into a library too. I know this scenario is
of limited appeal, but just in case someone can find any other useful
scenarios, I will describe and start the conversation if merging would be
useful:

   - Our application cannot work with the standard descriptors like stdio
   or stdout. We work with more generic streams that connect to our terminal.
   That’s why we extended STMClient with iOSClient for this purpose.
   - We added a new BUILD_IOS_CONTROLLER flag to the makefiles to process
   this new iOSClient file.
   - To avoid having to link with all headers, we created a bridge file
   that is responsible to start the iOSClient the right way.

I think that maybe having a more generic STMClient could be useful, maybe
for other integrators like Chromium (we share HTerm in the end), but
probably they have better access to the underlying processes and system
anyway. Let me know what you think and if it might be worth doing something
with this part for integration.

Thanks!