[mosh-devel] Fw: Re: Mosh 1.2.6 release candidate available for testing]

john hood cgull at glup.org
Wed Jun 1 00:11:28 EDT 2016

On 5/31/16 7:40 PM, Peter Jeremy wrote:
> On 2016-May-31 19:02:03 -0400, Ryan Steinmetz <zi at freebsd.org> wrote:
>> As long as there is a supported way to get the old behavior (and/or
>> disable the fatal warning), that would address our needs.
>>
>> I'd assume we would enable/disable this via a configure knob.
> It looks like all that's necessary is s/OPENSSL_/CRYPTO_/g in the
> CONFIGURE_ENV value in the port.
I'm traveling for work so I might not really get to this for a day or two.

Another option is having the FreeBSD port select Nettle for crypto;
OpenSSL's general and FreeBSD-specific dependency issues are what
motivated me to add that alongside the Apple crypto support.  I don't
think we want to switch Mosh's default to Nettle without understanding
what grief we might run into on other platforms, but as far as I'm
concerned the Nettle support is first-class and any platform is welcome
to use it.

Mosh now only needs an AES implementation from somewhere; if FreeBSD 9+
has a non-OpenSSL API in base (I haven't looked) I wouldn't mind adding
support for that into Mosh either.

More when I get a chance to sit down and work on this.

regards,

   --jh