[mosh-devel] Where in source code is 60 second timeout?

john hood cgull at glup.org
Sun Sep 20 01:50:59 EDT 2015

On 9/19/15 10:16 PM, Jeffrey Bouquet wrote:
> Backing up across a lan, I need 2 or three minutes to
> enter they keys.
>
> So the code that was before 03-06-2012 03-07-2012 delta... if it
> is easy to revert here locally...

It's not 100% clear from your email, but it sounds like you're having a
timeout while authenticating your session.  At that point, you're still
in SSH, and are probably having difficulty with sshd's usual 60-second
timeout on login session authentication.  You might consider using
ssh-agent and public key authentication so you don't have to type in an
authentication response when you start your SSH sessions (and also your
Mosh sessions).

mosh-server is started by ssh after the session is authenticated.  The
timeout on mosh-server only comes into play when it hears no traffic
from the client-- when there is a problem with the network, or Mosh's
session setup.

regards,

  --john hood