[mosh-devel] does mosh have a version-specific dependency on Google Protobuf?

Alex Chernyakhovsky achernya at mit.edu
Thu May 14 19:50:25 EDT 2015

Hi James,

>From my reading of
https://github.com/google/protobuf/blob/master/CHANGES.txt#L187, there
are no wire-level differences. As long as mosh builds, it should
stil=l be compatible across protobuf versions. I recently rebuilt
Fedora's mosh to work against libprotobuf.so.9, which IIRC is 2.6.1,
and I noticed no issues.

The protobuf generated output source should be different, since protoc
got new features.

Sincerely,
-Alex