[mosh-devel] mosh in jessie-backports

Romain Francoise rfrancoise at debian.org
Sat Jun 27 06:26:01 EDT 2015

Hi Keith,

On Fri, Jun 26, 2015 at 11:17:27PM -0400, Keith Winstein wrote:
> I'm not sure if I have permissions to do that as a DM.

Good question. I asked the backports people, and since you already have
permission to upload to the main archive, all you need to do is to ask
to be added to the backports ACL as per this section:

 http://backports.debian.org/Contribute/#index2h3

The first upload still needs to be signed by a Debian Developer, so I
can sponsor that for you.

That leaves the question of whether or not you have the time, need and
inclination to maintain the backport, the procedures are a bit different
than for the main archive. If you don't, I'm happy to maintain it.

> We are about to have a 1.2.4.95rc2 and (hopefully soonafter) a 1.2.5, but
> you are welcome to upload the 1.2.4.95rc1 backport now if you will follow
> it up with 1.2.5 as soon as it is released.

Ok, sure. Backports to stable follow the version in testing, so as soon
as these versions migrate from unstable, the backport will need to be
updated.

Thanks,
--
Romain Francoise <rfrancoise at debian.org>