[mosh-devel] Mosh 1.2.5 release candidate 2 available for testing

john hood cgull at glup.org
Fri Jul 3 01:51:33 EDT 2015

On 7/2/15 8:43 PM, Jérémie Courrèges-Anglas wrote:

> FWIW, mosh-1.2.4.95rc2 builds and works fine on OpenBSD-current, amd64
> and sparc64 architectures.  This update[1] means that most tweaks and
> patches are now unneeded in the OpenBSD ports framework.

Thanks for the report!  The port looks pretty good to me.  The one thing
that I notice is that Mosh needs Perl libraries for IPv6.  It would
prefer to use IO::Socket::IP for IPv6, if available, or it can fall back
to IO::Socket::INET6.  So your port should depend on one of these.

> There is one remaining patch, related to ARM assembly support.  Since
> gas on OpenBSD/arm has recently gained support for more opcodes, this
> patch[2] may now be unneeded.  No idea yet.

Given that mosh compiles and runs on my Raspberry Pi with
FreeBSD-CURRENT on an RPi, which has an ARMv6 CPU, I would guess it is a
gas issue.

> PS: will we have to regen autoconf/make files for 1.2.5-release?

Since you're fetching the distribution tarball, you don't have to.

regards,

  --jh