[mosh-devel] new terminal rendering code, please watch for bugs

john hood cgull at glup.org
Sun Dec 6 23:20:12 EST 2015

Hi all,

I've just committed a change to Mosh that reworks its core
display-update code.  While not extremely large in terms of LOC, it
replaces one of the most complex, difficults bits of code in Mosh with
code that is slightly less complex and difficult (and much faster).

It's moderately well tested at this point, and I think it works about as
well as the previous code, but there are differences, and some of them
may yet turn out to be bugs.

If you see any issues with display corruption, even if slight or
transient, please report them on GitHub.  Another potential area for
problems is cut-and-paste; if you get pasted text that isn't what you
expect, or isn't a reasonable interpretation of what was on your screen,
report that too.

I've pulled a bunch of other changes into master tonight as well; we are
inching closer to Mosh 1.2.6.

regards,

  --jh