[mosh-devel] Mosh permissions problem

Alex Chernyakhovsky achernya at mit.edu
Wed Apr 8 23:17:21 EDT 2015

Hi Yan,

I believe Stanford is using AFS or a similar distributed file system
on some machines; because mosh uses ssh to initialize the session but
then ssh exits, any credentials acquired by ssh will be automatically
destroyed. If AFS is in fact in use, you should be able to get
permissions to edit these files by running "kinit && aklog".

Sincerely,
-Alex