[mosh-devel] Mosh question

C Noble globalnoble at gmail.com
Wed Jun 18 21:33:43 EDT 2014

Hi keegan.   I came across Mosh while researching
long-range-wifi-one-directional.

I was specifically trying to figure out if it was theoretically possible to
deliver a static HTML page to a wide region through the use of long range
wifi where where the upstream data supplier or node would have a
significantly stronger antenna and broadcasting ability than the downstream
receiver.    That would be okay as long the upstream data feed continued
to  cycle and to repeatedly loop the same message (a very simple HTML page)
over an extended duration (every 3 minutes for an hour)  so that the
downstream client would have multiple opportunities to capture any data
that may have not been received correctly.   IN this application there is
absolutely no need for the recipients to ever have to correspond back to
the server,  they would only need to be able to be the receiver of a
small,  single file  broadcast.  I know that typically a browser "talks"
with the web server to validate that information has integrity and is still
online.    I also realize that a more powerful upstream antenna can often
broadcast a  wifi signal to my laptop; (for example) however without the
ability for my laptop to broadcast the entire range back to the base
station it's useless for Internet surfing.    My application doesn't
require the end user to send any information upstream, however I am under
the impression that even something as little as a mouse click  or a ping
confirmation e sent back upstream to signal the server "got it"  "next?"
to validate that the data was received    is typical with a client server
web applications.    Do you think that MOSH might be the right technology
to continue researching if I only hope to broadcast in this one-way
fashion? IF the radio station would just  single direction that the .
Without any signaling back up the stream could it be done in a normal
browser or this have to be a plugin or nap that is specially designed to
communicate at the mosh level. , any help or advice is greatly
appreciated.