[mosh-devel] measuring disconnectivity

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Mon Jun 2 21:45:20 EDT 2014

Short answer is "not right now." For the future, we have been thinking
about the best way to give Mosh an opt-in voluntary scheme to collect some
network info and contribute it anonymously for future research. Could be a
great way to monitor the health of the Internet and the frequency of actual
mobility.

But we need to figure out a way to do it that doesn't freak people out
(even if it's opt-in), and I don't really want to know who is talking to
whom.

For the present, you could probably come up with a patch for the
mosh-server that has it write out the time difference between the last-sent
state and the last acknowledged state to a file every time there's a new
state.

-Keith