[mosh-devel] use mosh in commercial product?

Jacob Morzinski jmorzins at MIT.EDU
Thu Aug 14 13:51:35 EDT 2014

Hi,

Has there been any discussion of whether mosh can be used in commercial products?
Is there a spec that would allow companies to write their own implementation?

The implementation on GitHub is GPL licensed, which means that VanDyke won't incorporate mosh support into their terminal emulator SecureCRT
https://forums.vandyke.com/showthread.php?t=11239

I'm wondering if I'm able to point them to a spec: "here!  Write your own code!", or if you can think of other options I could suggest to them.

Thanks,
-Jacob