[mosh-devel] Agent support vs. generic "out of band" -data

Timo J. Rinne tri at iki.fi
Sat May 11 07:46:33 EDT 2013

Hi

After more or less carefully going through the code, I've changed my
mind.  I think most elegant and straightforward way to implement agent
forwarding is to implement a generic out of band mechanism that
piggybacks on top of the transport packets.  I made some experiments
with agent specific solution and in order to get that work properly, 99%
of the work needed for generic pluggable layer is required, but instead
of having a generic extension mechanism, code just would get infested by
agent specific hacks.

I think I'll start again from master branch and implement the extension
mechanism and then plug in the agent stuff and finally be done with it.

Regards,
//Rinne