[mosh-devel] Mosh & DiffServ

Dave Taht dave.taht at gmail.com
Sun Mar 10 16:52:23 EDT 2013

I wouldn't mind if it were made configurable...

And I note that ssh in particular sets the old style TOS imm bit so I doubt
that anybody fails to pass traffic with that set.

So perhaps your failing corporate tester could try patching mosh to use
that instead. Or fix their broken network.

I note moving to best effort or to the imm bit will move mosh traffic out
of the Linux  WiFi VI low latency queue and into the bloated best effort
queue and your users might notice a large loss in performance... But that
would be good to evaluate... And thank you for the research into the
effects of classification on mosh traffic regardless.