[mosh-devel] can't find version of mosh

Jake jake at spaz.org
Wed Aug 7 17:54:38 EDT 2013

hi,

I don't know if this is a bug or not but I was unable to determine what
version of mosh i am running.  I tried mosh, mosh-client and mosh-server
with -v and --version and --help and none of them tell me what version.

is this normal?  how should i find out what version i'm running?

thank you
-jake

jake at pe2950 ~]$ mosh --help
Usage: /usr/local/bin/mosh [options] [--] [user@]host [command...]
         --client=PATH        mosh client on local machine
                                 (default: "mosh-client")
         --server=COMMAND     mosh server on remote machine
                                 (default: "mosh-server")

         --predict=adaptive      local echo for slower links [default]
-a      --predict=always        use local echo even on fast links
-n      --predict=never         never use local echo
         --predict=experimental  aggressively echo even when incorrect

-p PORT[:PORT2]
         --port=PORT[:PORT2]  server-side UDP port or range

         --ssh=COMMAND        ssh command to run when setting up session
                                 (example: "ssh -p 2222")
                                 (default: "ssh")

         --no-init            do not send terminal initialization string

         --help               this message
         --version            version and copyright information

Please report bugs to mosh-devel at mit.edu.
Mosh home page: http://mosh.mit.edu
[jake at pe2950 ~]$