[mosh-devel] Mosh support in iSSH

Keith Winstein keithw at MIT.EDU
Mon Sep 10 14:03:21 EDT 2012

Hi Dean,

Thanks for reaching out! I worry that users will confuse your independent
implementation of the Mosh/SSP protocol with Mosh itself, especially if you
use images from our Web site.

Could you please describe iSSH as having a "Mosh-compatible terminal
client" or "Mosh-compatible secure terminal"? The point being that you have
implemented your own client. It needs to be clear that this is a clean-room
implementation and isn't Mosh or derived from the Mosh codebase. Along the
same idea, we'd ask you to use your own icon instead of using the images
from the Mosh Web site, since I think that will just confuse people.

If you want to use the Mosh codebase, that's a different story and I'd be
thrilled to help make that happen, especially as we add features (like
scrollback) to the protocol in the future. But for an independent program
that speaks the same language, we would want it to have its own name.

Best regards,
Keith